Wednesday, May 27, 2009

India: A Photo Essay (Act The First)

At long last, photos from my trip to India! My computer is being a bit flighty, so I'm going to only upload a few pictures at a time. This way, my laptops doesn't implode and you, dear reader, get to indulge me in a little game of "To be continued...". And so, it begins:

I arrived at the Atlanta airport sometime around 3pm.
My flight was not scheduled to leave until 6pm, but the powers that be dictate a smart traveller always arrives at least three hours prior to an international flight.
Smart I may be, but after three hours in those seats,
I've decided that next time, two hours should suffice.
A lone traveller, like myself, killing time on the cell phone.
I actually meant to just photograph the plane framed in the window.
I love the way the sunlight is filtering across the floor.
Just as I snapped the shot, this man walked in front, granting me his silhouette.
Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, France.
The flat, silver disk in the background is the terminal through which I entered
upon my arrival from Atlanta.
It resembles a flying saucer.
Fitting for a journey into the unknown.
My traveling companion:
Blue Bunny No-Pants.
He's posing here beside our Airbus A emergency procedures manual.
Uplifting reading material to say the least.

An amazing aerial shot of Paris.
I was fortunate enough to have window seats going and coming.


The patchwork quilt of the French countryside.

The Alps.

The Caucasus Mountains

A lovely frozen tundra in the middle of the Caucasus Mountains.

This scene took me by surprise.
The top of the photo is the daylight through which I was flying.
The light fades to dark and I was amazed to see an actual line
that separated day from night.
A physical reminder that I was flying to the other side of the world.
(To be continued...)

3 comments:

Jon said...

hooray for pictures! I'm glad the computer finally started to cooperate with you.

Jen Chandler said...

Me too! I was afraid perhaps Samuel was not pleased with my pictures. Or maybe he was just angry that I left him for so long..

Jon said...

Possibly the latter, but I'm sure he'll get over it. :)