Friday, May 29, 2009

Day-Trippin'

Work has been dull today. I'm not complaining; quiet offices create the perfect environments for a little daydream indulgence.

Why not? I thought. It can't hurt.

I grabbed my Books A Million tote bag, filled with my leather journal, some sunscreen, my bathing suit, a book and two pairs of sunglasses. I sent word to my husband to meet me at the private airfield, where we keep our plane, and he met me in record time. Who wouldn't jump at the chance to escape from metro-Atlanta in late spring? We tossed our bags in the back of the plane, hopped aboard and began our leisurely flight to our vacation home in...
BORA BORA

This is the first view of the island.
Seen from my private plane of course (which, may I add, I'm flying)
Approaching our landing pad, ie: the lagoon

This is the back yard.
The hammock is used for emergency naps and creative loafing sessions.



The neighborhood.
Everyone's so friendly here!
And no one minds that the houses are all connected

The neighborhood from up above

I hope you enjoyed this little tour of Bora Bora.
You'll have to excuse me now; my driver is here...

**Ahem: sadly, I did not take these pictures. All photos were found via google.com (search images "Bora Bora"): www.jakeehrlich.com, www.jeremyperson.com, ramblingmoo.wordpress.com, www.belchfire.net, planet.betterplace.com, www.tahiti-tourism.com. Thanks one and all for posting such glorious photos and fueling my dreams of buying a plane and high-tailing it outta here!!! Whoops! Gotta go..the phone's ringing!






1 comment:

Jon said...

I'm packed and ready! Let's go!!!!