Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Cure for the Common Life

Sadly, I did not come up with this witty title. I could have titled this entry "Journey to the Center of Your Self", however I thought I'd leave the witticisms to a genius. Full credit goes to Max Lucado for that is the title of his book which I am now reading. The Cure for the Common Life is perhaps the best book I've ever read concerning finding your purpose in life and going after it with your whole heart. My calling and passion are two things I've been searching for since I was a little girl. Funny, but after reading this book, I've always known what I was born to do. I firmly believe we are wisest when we are children. Life has not yet gotten in the way.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is in need of some serious soul searching. Are you bored with your life? Are you sick and tired of the same old, humdrum monotony of every day? Pick this book up! It's full of practical advice as well as ways to establish what it is you were placed on this earth to do. Without a doubt in my mind, I know now what's expected of me in the time I've been given.

I know this post is short, but trust me: the book is worth the hoopla I'm giving it. Check it out. Give it a shot. Find your cure for the common life and begin living the life you were created to live.

Happy Trails!
Jen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm savouring my Saturday morning coffee, and your thoughts and wisdom. I so live through some of your wanderings and musing.
Thank you for posting inspiration.
I am firmly planted in this writing call, it seems, and when quieter days come in a few weeks, I am going to rework my blog and dive into more writing.
I don't know where this journey will take my ramblings, but I am continually astounded and grateful for the cyber homes I have found thus far, yours as inviting and full of treasures in all the rooms , as any could possibly be.Thanks again.

Jen Chandler said...

Deb,
thank you for spending your precious Saturday morning with my humble little blog. I'm so glad my "inspirations" speak to you. That's the best compliment I receive, when someone tells me my writing reaches out to them. That's why I write, to reach others with stories and, hopefully, to encourage them to live out their own stories to the fullest! Have a wonderful week and be blessed :)