Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Off to see the world...

Hello!

This blog is brand-spankin' new (as you can see). I'm glad you found your way to my little porthole to creativity and to the world. I was born with an insatiable, incurable wanderlust, an addiction I do everything to indulge and nothing to cure. The world is filled with the beautiful, the strange, the mysterious, the euphoric, the heart-stirring, and the heart-breaking. With open eyes, an open mind, open arms and an open heart I push myself out into it, ready to receive all it has to offer.

Explorer Tenzing Norgay once said, "to travel, to experience and learn, that is to live". I believe there is no better way to make use of our time on this earth than to travel far and wide, to experience all life has to offer, to take risks, to get out of our comfort zones, and to learn all we can about not only the world at large, but also about the vast array of people and cultures which are such an intricate part of it.

My first entry on this blog could not have a better title. It sums up my vision for my life and for my art. An 'onward and upward' slogan that I intend to make a reality every day. It also gives you, dear reader, a little hint as to what I'm up to next!

Tomorrow afternoon I head to exotic India. It has been six years since I last travelled internationally and I've been having severe withdrawal symptoms ever since my feet bid farewell to old Ireland. I will be in India for two weeks, making new friends, loving on some beautiful children at an amazing place called Asha House, and getting to experience life in a different universe. I'm going as a part of an organization called Sixty1 and I highly encourage you to check them out at www.sixty1.org.

I will have access to a computer while I'm there and will be updating this little blog o' mine regularly and I hope you all will check back often and keep in touch. In fact, this little blog is a catalyst for a great many things. Stay tuned! You never know what I may be up to next :)

Clear Skies,
Jen

4 comments:

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Your blog is very savannah-y. :0) I love it!! love the lighthouse and imagery!

I can't wait to see you!!! you're getting on the plane in a few hours! And I can't wait to see where all God takes you in your life--what all He does!!!

Jon said...

I'm praying for you and your trip! Have a fantastic time in India!!! :)

Jen Chandler said...

Glad to have you guys aboard! Two of my favorite people in all the wide world:)

Jon said...

Yay! :)